06 May 2009

Update - 6 May 2009

Honestly, I don't have any pictures to share this time but I thought I would update this while I have internet (not that often!!).

The field season is progressing nicely here in western Nebraska.  Bird migration has also really increased in the last week or two.  The refuge is just loaded with phalaropes, a variety of sparrows, and kingbirds.  I'm still waiting for the bigger push of warblers however.  

The only bird of note for me was a Caspian Tern that was fishing at Island Lake.  This was a first for me at Crescent Lake NWR.

My yard list has topped 80 species.  Most recent were additions of:

Black-headed Grosbeak
Lark Sparrow
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Western Kingbird
Spotted Towhee
Forster's Tern

Hope all is well out there in your modern civilization,
Cory